Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Interchangeable Bun Decoration!

I was reading One Pretty Thing's Daily DIY today. One Pretty Thing is an awesome website for you "Prima Crafters". It has a list of cute tutorials 1-3 times a day! I love it.

Anyway, I came across this tutorial for an interchangeable headband! I checked it out, and I saw that with a few easy adjustments, we could make it an interchangeable BUN decoration! How fun? I LOVE decorating my bun for class.



You can find Aly & Ash's original tutorial here.

*Adjustments*

Step One: When buying the elastic, you can buy it from Deepwater Trading Co., or you could look up Fold Over Elastic, or FOE on ebay. We have a HUGE box of many many different colors.

Step 2: Here are some good fabric flower tutorials.

Felicity Fabric Flower
Rosette with Leaves (ignore the pin)
Elegant Flower
Mini Rosette
Vintage Flower
Also go to One Pretty Thing and search "fabric flower"

Step 3: Put your hair in a bun, and ask someone to help you measure around it. You don't want it to be too tight. Loose enough to not pop off, and tight enough to not slip off. You can pin it with a safety pin and try to spot as fast as you can and see if it falls off. Keep in mind that you might have to stick a couple of hairpins in it for class.

There! That's all! Easy, right? Have fun making them!

No comments:

Post a Comment